Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Day 2: Clearly, I love fruit.

I started my day off with another cup of coffee, this time adding in some almond milk that I had put in my Nespresso Aeroccino (which I love by the way). I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. I'll put it down as a maybe for now. 

I ate a banana and a couple slices of jamón serrano for breakfast. For lunch, I ate the garlic chicken and burnt asparagus I made last night. Snacked on some more tomatoes. And then I ate another banana. And then another. And then an apple. I need to keep healthy and compliant snacks around. I kept getting up to open the fridge to see what I could eat. 

8:56 pm: I took a trip to Whole Foods. 

I could not have been more excited about my WF trip. I picked up a few more healthy snacks - grapes, blackberries, turkey, bananas. I also knew that when I got home I'd be too lazy to thaw chicken, so I bought a 4oz piece of skirt steak. I came home, grilled the steak, threw some asparagus into the oven, and had one of the best simple dinners ever. #littlethingsinlife

Maybe these 30 days won't be as hard as I thought.

Lesson Learned: Meal prepping is important. Keeping healthy snacks around the apartment, also important. Adding more protein to my meals will help me snack less.


xoxo